A2A Circle #5
Time: 11:00AM – 12:30PM
Location: Online via Microsoft Teams
A2A Circle (Alumni to Alumni Circle) is a monthly catchup for RMIT and Australian alumni who are senior leaders in diverse industries
Stock market for individual investors 101
Over the last six months, Vietnam’s stock market has gained more and more attraction from investors, especially individual ones. This new force of investment has contributed to break many records in the stock market in June, despite the myth of “Sell in May and go away”
- VN-Index hit a new record at 1,400 points in the end of June
- More and more F0 investors: the number of new individual investor accounts opened in May reached a new record of 113,543 units, which brought the total number accounts opened in the first 6 months of 2021 to nearly 480,000 accounts.
- The total average trading value in the whole market broke a record of more than VND24.14 trillion per session
Bloomberg reported that a wave of individual investors has emerged globally since the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic. Many people look for opportunities in the stock market with the desire to make up for lost income or seek better returns than bank interest rates. “Individual investors will continue to be an important market force as they become more knowledgeable and skillful in trading and investing,” said Margaret Yang, strategist at DailyFX.
In July, Alumni team will organize a workshop on stock market for individual investors. Join our workshop if:
- You are considering investing in the stock market
- You are a new investor who’d like to seek advice from experts
- You would like to share your story, discuss with others and expand your network
Date & Time: 11:00AM – 12:30PM, Thursday 15 July, 2021
Platform: Online via Microsoft Teams
Our Guest Speaker:
Mr. Vu Pham, Founder & CIO, AP Alpha Investment Management, a leading investment advisory with an average return above 25% since inception.
Before founding AP Alpha, Mr. Vu Pham was Deputy CEO & CIO of PVI Asset Management JSC. PVI AM managed USD500million asset of PVI, the largest non-life insurance company in Vietnam, owned and controlled by HDI Global SE, one of the three largest insurance groups in Europe. Mr. Vu Pham also had 7 years of experience in the role of Deputy Head of Vietnam Equity & Portfolio Manager of KIMC, one of the three largest Fund Management Companies in Korea. Managed over USD2 billion in Vietnam Public Equity, KIMC has been one of the three largest Fund Managers in Vietnam since 2007.